Now Hiring: Quality Engineering Specialists (side)
Quality Engineering Specialists (Side)
Summary: We are in search of Quality Engineering Specialists (side) responsible for exterior quality in the production of high quality vehicles. Lead supplier performance enhancement activity to improve internal and external quality Key Point indicators (KP), support manufacturing activities.
- Manage operation function
- Prototype and mass-production responsibility
- Day to day follow upon results for evaluation, trial and production activities
- Weekly meetings with production, suppliers, and design this position
- Communication to internal and external groups
- Lead/ Manage team members
- Problem Solving coordination of multiple groups
- Gaining Group Consensus
- Manage projects
- New model or model charge (responsibility for supplier and vehicle development through SOP). Facilitate and promote the use of problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and Successful Countermeasure
- Lead improvement plan for supplier.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (minimum)
- Engineering: (electrical, electronics, mechanical, mechatronics, aerospace)
- English 90% written and spoken.
- 1-2 years automotive Industry experience.
- Experience with broad variety of measurement and inspection techniques including: Color, Orange-Peel, Mottling, Film Build
- Understand basic vehicle functions
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
- Experience in Vehicle Quality Management operations
- Cross-functional understanding of Automotive Manufacturing.
- Must have strong work attic.
- Project management experience,
- Excellent communication skills (Spanish and English), both written and verbal. Able to guide and direct others.
- Japanese Cultural understanding is a plus
- Experience with automotive paint layering systems, body seater, and paint application methods, including: Metal oxidation particle, cathodic electro-coal, rotary-bell amortization.
- Experience with automotive paint materials including water-borne basecoats and 2K clearcoats
- Japanese language ls a plus
- Required Valid US Visa
- Professional ID Required (Cédula Professional)
- Up to 10 hours/week during new model launch and/or plant startup preparation
- 1 hour/day, plus an average of 1 Saturday per month
- 40% during new model and/or plant start up period
- 15% for supplier visit during-mass production