Now Hiring: Quality Engineering Body Specialist
Summary: In search of a Quality Engineering Body Specialist in Apaseo el Grande, Gto., Mexico responsible for body weld quality in the production of high quality vehicles, for new model and mass production. Lead supplier performance enhancement activity to improve internal and external quality Key Point indicators while supporting manufacturing activities.
- Manage operation/function
- Trial and mass production parts responsibility
- Day to day follow up on results for evaluation, trial and production activities.
- Parts receiving and sort status
- Communication to internal and external groups
- Lead/manage team members
- Addressing part related quality and customer satisfaction issues through focus groups and problem-solving activity
- Problem Solving Coordination of Multiple Groups
- Gaining Group Consensus
- Manage projects
- New model or model change (responsibility for new part introduction from design development through SOP)
- Facilitate and promote the use of problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and Successful countermeasure.
- Lead improvement plan for part supplier
- On the Job Development (OJD) with other Quality Groups from Other Plants
- Technical training for Specific Equipment with Vendors & Contractors
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science (minimum); Engineering related. Engineering (electrical, electronics, mechanical, mechatronics, aerospace)
- English 90% written and spoken
- 1-2 years automotive industry experience
- Understand basic datum structure for parts assembly and check fixture measurement
- Understand basic vehicle functions
- Familiar with Weld and dimensional quality and confirmation.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills
- Experience in Vehicle Quality Management operations
- Cross-functional understanding of Automotive Manufacturing.
- Must have strong work ethic
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication skills (Spanish and English), both written and verbal.
- Able to guide and direct others
- Japanese cultural understanding is a plus
- Familiar with Quality Documentations such as Inspection Standards, Manufacturing Quality charts and SOAM
- Japanese language is a plus
- Understanding concepts of lean manufacturing
- 1 hour/day, plus an average of 1 Saturday per month
- Up to 10hrs/week during new model launch and/or plant startup preparation period
- 40% during new model and/or plant start up period.
- 15% for supplier visit during mass production.
- Required valid US visa
- Professional ID Required (Cédula Professional)
Submit resumes to: Drios@workforce.mx